Hi Everyone and Welcome!
I have spent quite a bit of time this month thinking about what I want my 2017 to look like and what things I need to accomplish in order to shape 2017 in a positive way. I wanted my goals to be well rounded, encompass all aspects of my life, give my life meaning and fulfillment, and be achievable. I have grouped my goals to fit into certain aspects of my life. These groups being my physical health and well being, my mental health and well being, my spiritual health and wellbeing, organization and documentation.
Physical Health and Wellbeing
My goals in this area stem from my thyroid being removed and how that affected my life. The loss of a thyroid forces certain changes that I have to make to be healthy and also requires a level of patience that I sometimes don’t have. My goals for this area are:
1. Walk daily. I have read that strenuous exercise can actually back fire when it comes to losing weight when a person doesn’t have a thyroid.
2. Yoga. I have read that yoga is great for the body as well as stress. I want to do yoga 3x a week.
3. Diet. This one is harder but I will feel so much better. I plan to give up Coffee, Dairy, Grains. I will work towards the paleo diet with lots of veggies. Supplements are very important so I will be incorporating Omega 3s, vitamin Bs, vitamin D and a daily vitamin. I also want to do a greens shake daily.
Mental Health and Wellbeing
For my mental health, I need to get back into reading and crafting. It helps with my stress levels and gives me a much needed mental break getting to use my left brain for a change.
1. My goals for reading is 24 books in 2017. That is 2 a month so it should be very achievable.
2. Goal 2 is crafting. I need to do something creative daily. I plan on branching out in my card making and coloring. I have quite a few craft items I need to use along with many many coloring books.
Spiritual Health and Wellbeing
I believe in GOD. I believe there are things happening and I believe I need to build a stronger relationship with my Savior. I believe the Bible has changed so for me to find the truth, I need to pray more. My goal is to pray at least once a day at night before I go to bed. I also want to keep love and kindness in my heart at all times.
I love to organize things like my craft room. The one thing I don’t do often enough is planning. I get overwhelmed when I see everything that I have to do written down. I feel like I don’t have time to decompress. I am going to look at planning as more of a life documentation instead of always reminding my of how far behind I am. I want this year to be fulfilling and not a chore. Work is difficult enough, my personal life shouldn’t feel the same.
For my journaling, I thought about Erin Condrin. I have her planners but I am just not into the most recent one I purchased. I am looking at the MAMBI planners at Michaels.
Simple and has a lot of cool accessories that match it.
Finally, I want to blog more and take more pictures. I want to journal about the things I have done or the beautiful things I have seen. I haven’t taken many pictures so now I don’t want to miss any moments or have my family miss them either.
Well that should do it for today. Happy Holidays and looking forward to the new year!