Today is National Card Making Day so I thought I would join in and create a card using the new release from Lawn Fawn called Costume Party. I cased the card design from Nicole and wanted to give it a try.
I was inspired by a video from Nicole using this stamp set and wanted to give it a try. I stamped the sentiments with versa mark ink and used snow embossing powder.
For the night sky, I used the Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks in Peacock Feathers, Wilted Violet and Black Soot. I sprayed a mist of water to create stars then went in with my while gel pen to add brighter starts to the sky. I really love the inks. They go on smooth and are vibrant in color.
I used the Lawn Fawn Village Border die to create the city in the back ground. I used black cardstock and some yellow for the lights. I used Wink O Stella on the lights. Then I used the Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders for the grass and inked the edges of my green cardstock with Black Soot Oxide ink.
I stamped the images from the Lawn Fawn Costume Party on Bristol White cardstock and colored the images with comic markers.
Pumpkin – YR15, YR27, E37
Skin – E00, E11, E13, E27, R20
Dragon – YG93, YG95, YG99
Broom and Stems – E53, E55, E57
Hair – E40, E43, E44, E50, E53, E55
Witch Costume – C5, C7, C9
Stripe on Hat – BV0000, BV02
Unicorn – BG11, BG13, RV52, RV55, BV0000, BV02, W00, W3
I am a bit rusty with my Copic coloring or it was the paper. This was the first time I used the Bristol. I cut the images out with the coordinating die and placed them on the card. For the most part I am pleased since I did some techniques that were new to me. I figure as I keep creating cards I will get better at it.
That will do it for today.